Granola with Greek yogurt and a strawberry-lemon-vanilla sauce is a lovely breakfast treat. Ready in only 15 minutes!
All the pinks and reds I keep seeing for Valentine's Day inspired me to make this. If you're looking for a cute Valentine's breakfast/brunch idea, look no further.
The sauce is sweet without being too sweet. Lemon and strawberries go so well together, and vanilla takes it to another dreamy level.
You could make your own granola if you feel ambitious, but I didn't. I used Rogers Raspberry Almond Five Grain Granola.
Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? I sort of do. My sister and I started a tradition long ago (when we were both single) where we would find cute/cheesy little gifts for each other and do an exchange.
Over the years we've continued the tradition, and it's something we both look forward to. My husband and I usually go out for burgers 🙂 That's our way of celebrating pretty much anything, which is totally fine by me!!
Granola with Greek Yogurt and a Strawberry-Lemon-Vanilla Sauce
- 12 strawberries tops removed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Greek yogurt (I used plain vanilla would work too)
- Granola (I used Rogers Raspberry Almond Five Grain Granola)
- Cut strawberries into desired size pieces. You can chop them really fine or a bit thicker... it's up to you.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, strawberries, and vanilla to a small pan. Cook on medium heat, stirring periodically, for about 10 minutes. The strawberries will soften and the sauce will thicken.
- Place granola in bowls and add a dollop of Greek yogurt. Pour the strawberry sauce over top and serve immediately.