This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This honey mustard dressing is a quick and easy to prepare vinaigrette that uses everyday ingredients and makes salads taste amazing!
I’ve had some people who made my Avocado Bacon Salad tell me how much they liked the salad dressing, so I decided to make a standalone version. Some honey mustard dressings contain mayo or Greek yogurt, but I decided to keep this one a simple vinaigrette-style dressing. It’s quite light and the honey and mustard really shine!
You may also like my Easy Honey Mustard Chicken.
What kind of mustard to use?
I use yellow mustard (French’s brand here in Canada), but you’re welcome to switch it up with your favorite or whatever you have on hand. I chose yellow mustard because it’s not too strong, and it’s a good all-around mustard that many people already have in their pantries/fridge. You can definitely try Dijon as well, but keep in mind the taste will be a bit stronger. You may want to start off with less Dijon, taste it, and build it up gradually. Or add more honey as needed!
How long will this dressing last?
I’d keep it for about a week in a sealed container in the fridge (like a mason jar).
This dressing is great on many different kinds of salads. I personally like to use it for spinach salads. Throw in your favorite salad veggies (try tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, and red onions) and you have a healthy light meal or side.
Recipe notes & tips:
- Try swapping lemon juice for apple cider vinegar or white vinegar if you wish!
- As everyone’s tastes differ, feel free to play with the ingredient quantities until you arrive at something that perfectly pleases your tastebuds.
- Want to make this dressing creamy or more of a dip? Add mayo as needed (I’d add it a tablespoon at a time).
- I love adding fresh chopped herbs to this dressing. It does diminish the shelf life a bit, but if you’re going to eat the dressing within a couple of days, the herbs (try chopped parsley and chives) are a lovely addition.
More homemade salad dressings to try:
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Easy Caesar Salad Dressing (10 Minutes & No Blender!)
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing (Easy, No Blender!)
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- Mango Salad Dressing
- Artichoke Salad Dressing
Let me know if you’ll give this honey mustard salad dressing a try! Questions? Leave me a comment below!
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the mustard, honey, lemon juice, garlic powder, olive oil, and salt & pepper to a mason jar, small bowl, or drinking glass. Shake (or stir/whisk) well until combined. Give it a taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week. Shake/stir thoroughly before using.
- You can definitely use a different kind of mustard. If using something stronger (like Dijon), I suggest starting with less and adding more if needed (or add more honey to compensate).
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.