This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This simple mango lime salsa only has a handful of ingredients, is really fast and easy to prepare, and perfectly complements grilled chicken or fish. Ready in only 15 minutes.
This easy mango salsa recipe will take you right through summer grilling season. It actually took me straight back to Mexico when I tasted it… that fresh mango, lime, and cilantro is such a wonderful combination.
How to make mango salsa
Dice your mango and chop the cilantro, onion, and cucumber; add the salsa ingredients to a bowl. Add the jalapeno if you want this to be a spicy mango salsa; otherwise, leave it out. Toss with the lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately or chill first.
How to cut a mango
Cutting a mango is actually really easy when you’ve done it once. Stand the mango up (stem-side down). The pit is really big and tough, so you want to cut the flesh off either side of the pit, basically. You’ll end up with 2 easily useable pieces of mango once you cut them off the pit.
Once you’ve done that, make cuts that resemble a square grid pattern in each of those 2 pieces (like as if you’re dicing an avocado in its skin, for example). Flip each mango piece inside out so you’ve got what resembles a hedgehog (see photo below).
This process is kinda hard to describe, so here’s a visual tutorial if you’re wondering what the heck I’m talking about. 😛 You then simply cut off the diced bits and you’re good to go. You can then chop them even smaller on a cutting board if you need to.
What to serve with mango salsa
Grilled meats, fish, or chicken go very well with this mango lime salsa. It makes a great addition to fish tacos. Or eat it with a spoon like I did.
I hope you will enjoy this easy mango salsa recipe! If you like mango, you may also like my mango salad dressing recipe.
Mango Lime Salsa
- 3 mangoes diced
- 2 Persian (mini) cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prep your mangoes. If you're unsure how to easily cut them, this tutorial is really handy.
- Prep the rest of your ingredients and add them to a medium bowl. Toss together.
- Either serve the mango salsa immediately or chill for a few hours. Can be kept for a couple of days in the fridge.
- If you don't like spicy salsa, leave out the jalapeno. Avocado would be fabulous addition to this salsa if you have some on-hand.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.
Love homemade salsa recipes? You may also like my tomatillo salsa verde recipe.