This orange spiked boozy hot chocolate is a grown-up way to enjoy the comforting winter beverage.
Before I launch into this post, I want to apologize for the half finished post that went up yesterday. I’m pretty embarrassed that I didn’t notice it sooner, but I guess these things sometimes happen. Let’s now forget it ever happened. That post will show up here again once it’s ready. Oops.
ANYWAY, I figured why not add one more naughty winter drink to the blog before
we all some of us decide to cut the chocolate and booze out for a while.
Any fun New Year’s Eve plans? We go out for burgers then come home and do champagne and usually fall asleep before midnight. We know how to party.
Every year for Christmas I receive a Terry’s Chocolate Orange from my mom. I’ve always loved that chocolate and orange flavor combination, and I’m liking it in this adult hot chocolate!
As always, feel free to change the quantities to suit your preferences. The tablespoon of Grand Marnier in here adds a nice subtle orange flavor, but you won’t get drunk off it. Need more alcohol? I won’t judge. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this orange spiked boozy hot chocolate!
Orange Spiked Boozy Hot Chocolate
A Grand Marnier infused hot chocolate beverage!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- Cinnamon sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- Add the milk, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon stick to a small saucepan on medium heat. Whisk until the ingredients are combined. Heat it until it starts to gently bubble, stirring it occasionally.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and Grand Marnier. Leave it on the heat for another minute or two to ensure it's heated through.
- Top with marshmallows and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired.