Parmesan and garlic butter cheesy pull apart bread is a deliciously comforting appetizer that everyone is sure to love!
How to make cheesy pull-apart bread
This carb-loaded delight is really simple to make. Buy a loaf of fresh bread. Slice the bread one way (without cutting through completely), slice it the other way to make a criss-cross pattern, and then stuff the cracks with garlic butter and cheese. Easy peasy.
Of course, this appetizer (or main meal… I’m not judging) is best hot out of the oven. Sharing is optional.
Once you stuff the bread with the garlic butter and cheese, you bake it for 30 minutes; 15 with foil loosely placed on top to melt the cheese and then 15 more without the foil to guarantee golden perfection.
I don’t know about you, but I’d be happy if I went somewhere and they fed me warm, garlicky, buttery, cheesy bread.
Have you ever made cheese stuffed pull apart bread?
Parmesan and Garlic Butter Pull Apart Bread
Parmesan and garlic butter pull apart bread is a deliciously cheesy and comforting appetizer that everyone is sure to love!
- 1 small loaf sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Take the butter out of the fridge to let it soften. Preheat over to 350F and move the rack to the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with tin foil for easy clean-up.
- Slice the bread one way (without cutting through completely), then slice it the other way to make a criss-cross pattern of cuts.
- Prepare the cheeses.
- Make the garlic butter by mashing the butter, minced garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper together with a fork.
- Coat the inside of the cracks with the garlic butter (I used a fork), then stuff with the cheeses (doesn't matter which order... it'll all melt together anyway).
- Place the loaf on the baking sheet. Loosely cover it with a piece of foil, and place it in the oven. After 15 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. If desired, broil for an additional minute or two.
- Serve warm.