This peach and passion fruit smoothie bowl makes a healthy breakfast or snack. A great way to enjoy fresh summer peaches!
I'm really into smoothie bowls these days. They're such an easy way to get your fruit. I usually don't eat enough fruit, so blending it up and topping it with yummy things is a great way to bribe myself.
I actually had a recipe published in the Beautiful Smoothie Bowls book by Carissa Bonham. 🙂
I like smoothies without the bowl, but then I'm stuck with the too many calories for a snack/liquid doesn't actually fill me up so this ain't a meal conundrum.
Topping your smoothie with crunchy stuff = we're onto something here.
As with any smoothie bowl, the toppings are endless. If you have granola, feel free to chuck it on there.
If you can't find cacao nibs or don't want to buy them, dark chocolate chips are a good substitute. If you want to top it with other fresh fruit, go ahead. I don't think there's a right or wrong way to enjoy these things!
You can use fresh peaches and slice and freeze them or buy a bag of frozen ones.
Do you enjoy smoothie bowls? Will you make this healthy summer fruit smoothie bowl?
Peach and Passion Fruit Smoothie Bowl
A healthy & delicious peach and passion fruit smoothie bowl.
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 banana pre-frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds (I used roasted ones)
- 2 ice cubes
- Cacao nibs to taste
- Dried goji berries to taste
- Shaved coconut (I used unsweetened) to taste
- Flaxseeds (optional) to taste
- Peel and slice a banana, then place it into a sealed container (such as Tupperware) and freeze for at least 2-3 hours, preferably overnight. If you're using fresh peaches, cut them up and freeze them like the banana.
- Add the frozen peaches, banana slices, passion fruit (cut in half and scoop out the insides), almond milk, flaxseeds, and ice cubes to a blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to add another splash of almond milk to get the blender going (really depends on your blender).
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and then top with desired toppings.