Looking to BBQ something a little different? Try my pork sliders with grilled pineapple. These little guys are a crowd-pleasing treat!
You'll love these cute little burgers if you enjoy savory-sweet combinations. I admit that I don't always like mixing fruit with salty food, but grilled pineapple is a classic and goes well with pork. I used a smoked cheese (Jarlsburg). Smoked cheddar would work too.
I wouldn't overthink it 🙂 I topped these sliders off with a quick honey mustard mayo.
The pork burgers are tender and flavorful and never dry (well, unless you way overcook them). I love a toasted hamburger bun, so we popped them on the BBQ for about 30 seconds.
Will you try these pork sliders? Have you ever grilled pineapple?
Pork Sliders with Grilled Pineapple
Pork sliders with grilled pineapple are a cute & delicious treat!
- 1/3 pineapple or to taste
- 1-1.5 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard (such as Creole)
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Slider buns
- Cheese (a smoked cheese works well such as Jarlsburg or smoked cheddar)
- Cut the pineapple into 1/2" thick rings. Cutting it into rings makes it less likely they'll fall through a BBQ grate. You will probably want to cut them into smaller pieces once they've finished grilling. You can start by cutting the pineapple into smaller pieces if you're not using a BBQ.
- Make the burger patties by mixing the ground pork, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon juice, mayo, mustard, egg, and salt & pepper with your hands. Form into slider-sized patties (make the burger patties' diameters slightly larger than your slider buns as they will shrink a bit), and make a small divot in the middle so they stay flat after being cooked.
- Oil grill grate and then pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness of patties) or until they're cooked through. If you're adding cheese, add the cheese with one minute to go until they're done so it melts but doesn't burn.
- Grill the pineapple rings for about 3 minutes per side.
- (Optional) If desired, you can toast the buns. Spread butter on them and then place them on the grill for 30 seconds or until they're toasted as you like.
- Assemble the sliders by adding the sauce, burger patty, and the pineapple. Enjoy!
- I used a gas BBQ for this recipe. Please keep in mind that these directions are only a guideline as every BBQ or grill is different so adjust cooking time accordingly.