These roasted cauliflower bites with a mint dip are a tasty vegetarian appetizer or side dish! Ready in 30 minutes.
I'm not cauliflower's #1 fan, but roasting it sure brings its flavor out in the best possible way.
I roasted the cauliflower florets with garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, chili powder, Italian seasoning, and some salt & pepper. So good.
Roast it at a high heat for 20 minutes, and you've got yourself some finger licking good cauliflower.
So. As I sit here writing this post (it's scheduled to publish tomorrow), it's STILL sorta snowing. We received a lot of snow this weekend. Will it ever end?! I'm hoping that this is it and that spring is for real on the way now. We had a few days that teased us with warm weather, but nothing that lasted. You can see some green grass... and some piles of snow. Yikes.
Anyway. My mind is always on warmer weather, and I'll be bringing you lots of warm weather inspired dishes in the coming months. If it's light, fresh, herby, citrusy etc., it has my name written all over it. More grilling recipes are also on the way!
Back to this recipe. The mint dip is super simple... just some mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and fresh mint. It's cool and refreshing and perfectly complements the roasted cauliflower.
I think this would be a perfect side dish for a BBQ or just for sitting on the patio with a nice glass of sparkling wine. 🙂
So. Will you make these roasted cauliflower bites with a mint dip?
Questions? Please ask!
Roasted Cauliflower Bites with a Mint Dip
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 dashes Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped + extra for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F and move the rack to the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets and place them in a large Ziploc bag. Add the olive oil and seasonings to the Ziploc and toss/shake until it's evenly distributed. Arrange the cauliflower evenly on the baking sheet.
- Pop the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dip ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate until needed. When serving, you can sprinkle the cauliflower with extra fresh mint if you like.
- Serves 4 as an appetizer.