This roasted sweet potato tacos recipe makes a delicious, filling, and nutritious meat-free meal! Load 'em up with your favorite toppings and enjoy these all season long.
I'd never had sweet potato tacos until I made this recipe, and now I don't know why I didn't make them sooner!
I keeping seeing them around, and I wanted to put my own spin on them. Sweet potatoes really are the perfect meatless taco filling... especially for fall.
I tossed the sweet potato pieces in a combo of some of the spices that are commonly found in taco seasoning as well as smoked paprika to give 'em a little extra something-something.
I don't buy packaged taco seasoning anymore. It's so easy to make your own, and this way you can control the amount of individual spices as well as the salt & pepper.
I don't think tacos need to be complicated to be good, so I topped these healthy sweet potato tacos with a few of my favorite things:
- Lots of lime juice
- Greek yogurt (feel free to use sour cream, but it gives the same effect with fewer calories)
- Red onion
- Sliced avocado
With that in mind, tacos should be fun, so please do top them with whatever you like best/whatever you have on hand. 🙂
Will you try these healthy vegetarian sweet potato tacos?
Let me know in the comments below!
Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 medium flour tortillas
Toppings, to taste:
- Greek yogurt (I use 2%)
- Little tomatoes cut into halves
- Red onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F. Move the rack to the middle position.
- Prep the sweet potatoes. Add them to a large baking sheet and toss with the oil, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, and salt & pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients. If you want to warm the tortillas, wrap the stack of them in tin foil and pop them in the oven during the last 10-15 minutes that the sweet potatoes are cooking.
- Load the tacos up and enjoy!
Looking for more sweet potato recipe ideas? Try my healthy stuffed sweet potatoes or my spicy chipotle sweet potato soup.
Love vegetarian tacos? Try my portobello mushroom tacos.
I recently discovered you on Instagram and this was the first recipe I actually tried and it was amazing. So simple and yet so delicious. I can't wait to discover more of your recipes.
I'm so happy to hear that, Kelli! 🙂 Let me know if you try more of my recipes. So happy to have you here.
Alimentos que nãolevam carne são sempre bem-vindos, adorei essa receita é ideal para mim, esse blog sempre inovando.
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
I'll definitely give these a try Natasha! They look delicious. I love the combo of spices you've used.
Thank you! I hope you love them. 💛