This roasted sweet potato tacos recipe makes a delicious, filling, and nutritious meat-free meal! Load ’em up with your favorite toppings and enjoy these all season long.
I’d never had sweet potato tacos until I made this recipe, and now I don’t know why I didn’t make them sooner!
I keeping seeing them around, and I wanted to put my own spin on them. Sweet potatoes really are the perfect meatless taco filling… especially for fall.
I tossed the sweet potato pieces in a combo of some of the spices that are commonly found in taco seasoning as well as smoked paprika to give ’em a little extra something-something.
I don’t buy packaged taco seasoning anymore. It’s so easy to make your own, and this way you can control the amount of individual spices as well as the salt & pepper.
I don’t think tacos need to be complicated to be good, so I topped these healthy sweet potato tacos with a few of my favorite things:
- Lots of lime juice
- Greek yogurt (feel free to use sour cream, but it gives the same effect with fewer calories)
- Red onion
- Sliced avocado
With that in mind, tacos should be fun, so please do top them with whatever you like best/whatever you have on hand. 🙂
Will you try these healthy vegetarian sweet potato tacos?
Let me know in the comments below!
Roasted Sweet Potato Tacos
This roasted sweet potato tacos recipe makes a delicious, filling, and nutritious meat-free meal! Load 'em up with your favorite toppings and enjoy these all season long.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 medium flour tortillas
Toppings, to taste:
- Greek yogurt (I use 2%)
- Little tomatoes cut into halves
- Red onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F. Move the rack to the middle position.
- Prep the sweet potatoes. Add them to a large baking sheet and toss with the oil, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika, and salt & pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients. If you want to warm the tortillas, wrap the stack of them in tin foil and pop them in the oven during the last 10-15 minutes that the sweet potatoes are cooking.
- Load the tacos up and enjoy!
Love vegetarian tacos? Try my portobello mushroom tacos.