This healthy roasted tomato soup recipe is infused with tarragon. The perfect summer soup!
This fresh tomato soup is nice and light and a great way to use up tomatoes straight out of the garden. The tarragon adds an unexpected flavor without being overpowering.
How to make roasted tomato soup with fresh garden tomatoes
This tomato tarragon soup requires minimal effort - season the tomatoes and roast them, then blend them, strain them, add some milk, and you're practically finished.
I hope you will give this healthy roasted tomato soup recipe a try. Making tomato soup from scratch is easy!
How do you use up garden tomatoes?
Questions about this recipe?
Ask me in the comments below!
Healthy Roasted Tomato Soup
- 10-12 medium-sized tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Olive oil to taste
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Cut tomatoes in half, and remove cores.
- Place tomatoes in a baking dish (you may need to creatively arrange and/or use two dishes).
- Season tomatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried tarragon.
- Drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Roast tomatoes for 45 minutes. No need to turn them.
- Remove tomatoes from oven once they're cooked. I let them cool for a few minutes prior to blending, but if you decide not to, use caution.
- Add tomatoes and juice left over from roasting into blender (I do two batches), blend well.
- Place a sieve over a pot and then pour blender mixture into the sieve. Using a spoon, strain the liquid through the sieve. Discard what's left in the sieve.
- Add milk or half-and-half to the soup.
- On medium-high heat, warm soup, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat just before soup reaches a boil.
- Serve immediately, add additional salt & pepper to taste if needed.
- This makes a fairly small batch (serves 2-4), so recipe is easily doubled if you roast more tomatoes.
You may also like my creamy tomato soup with gnocchi or my tomato soup with garlic and sage croutons.
Leave a Reply