This sesame sriracha grilled salmon nourish bowl is a tasty, healthy, and convenient meal! Grilled honey garlic salmon is the perfect addition to this flavorful veggie and brown rice medley.
This post is sponsored by Mann's - thank you for supporting the brands that keep Salt & Lavender cooking!
When Mann's asked me if I would like to develop a recipe using one of their new Nourish Bowls, I was very excited.
I've used their veggies in my cooking for years, and I'm always looking for easy and quick ways to eat healthy.
The Nourish Bowls come in 5 different varieties, and I chose the Sesame Sriracha one. It's packed with broccoli, kohlrabi, cabbage, carrots, snap peas, and brown rice. The tasty sauce is tangy, sweet, and has a bit of heat. I knew it would pair well with grilled honey garlic salmon!
I really like the fact that you can have all those different veggies with a grand total of zero chopping required. 😉 Less time in the kitchen means more time to spend in the summer sunshine.
The marinade for the honey garlic salmon is super easy, and you probably already have the ingredients on hand. It's simply honey, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, BBQ sauce, lemon juice, and some pepper.
Letting the salmon marinate for 30 minutes infuses it with that delicious honey garlic flavor. Grilled salmon has such a wonderful taste. It's slightly smoky and something a little different from my usual go-to baked salmon. As long as you oil your BBQ's grate, you shouldn't have much difficulty with it sticking.
Naturally, this meal was devoured in my food-loving household within about 5 minutes of the photos being snapped. I wanted to test these Nourish Bowls out in another environment as well, so I picked up the Monterey Risotto one and brought it to my office for lunch.
I love that you can prepare a light, hot meal in 3-4 minutes, it's less expensive than grabbing something from the food court, and it's a lot healthier too. I can definitely see myself buying more of these on particularly busy weeks and/or when my recipe testing leftovers aren't as plentiful.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Mann's Nourish Bowls are available in the refrigerated produce section of grocery stores across the U.S. and Canada. These bowls are all vegetarian and can be eaten on their own or as a side dish enhanced with extra protein like in this recipe.
Sesame Sriracha Grilled Salmon Nourish Bowl
- 2 pieces fresh salmon (about 1/2 pound each)
- 2 (12 ounces) Mann's Sesame Sriracha Nourish Bowls
- Sesame seeds for garnish optional
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the salmon to a large Ziploc and pour the marinade over it. Gently coat the salmon in the marinade, and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When the salmon is almost done marinating, oil your BBQ/grill's grate and preheat it to high. Reduce heat to medium-high, and grill the salmon for 5 minutes per side, or until it's cooked through, taking care not to over-cook it.
- Meanwhile, follow package directions to warm your Sesame Sriracha Nourish Bowls in your microwave. Once warmed, transfer them to plates if desired.
- Serve the bowls with the salmon on top. Sprinkle the salmon with extra sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
- I used a gas BBQ to cook the salmon. Please note that every BBQ/grill/grill pan varies, so adjust cooking time accordingly.
- My salmon was about 1" thick. At the heat I BBQ'd it, 5 minutes/side was sufficient. Add about 5 minutes/side for every inch of thickness.
[ This post is sponsored by Mann's ]