This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy sausage and broccoli pasta uses only a handful of everyday ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Italian sausage and pasta is such a good combo. I used spicy Italian sausage in this pasta dish, but feel free to use mild Italian sausage, chicken sausage, or any sausage of your choosing!
This broccoli and sausage pasta recipe is ideal for busy weeknights or when you don’t want to buy a lot of ingredients.
How to make pasta with sausage and broccoli
Either slice the sausage like I did, or crumble it while you’re sautéing it. I like to cook the sausage first and then add the broccoli to the pan for about 4 minutes to get it tender-crisp.
This easy broccoli pasta with sausage has a creamy (but not too creamy) garlic sauce.
I swapped the heavy cream with half-and-half to make this dish lighter (but still satisfying!).
Red pepper flakes add a bit of spice (especially if you use a mild sausage), but feel free to leave them out if spicy sausage pasta isn’t your thing!
Will you give this sausage pasta recipe a try?
Let me know in the comments below!
Simple Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 (17.6 oz/500g package) Italian sausages cut into small pieces (or crumble it)
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a large, salted pot of water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Prep your sausage. Add it to a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until it's browned and mostly cooked through (about 8-10 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the broccoli. Cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Add in the half-and-half. Let it bubble for a couple of minutes, ensuring the brown bits at the bottom of the pan are scraped into the sauce. Test if broccoli is cooked to your liking. If not, cook a bit longer.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper and red pepper flakes as needed. Once the pasta is done, drain it and toss it with the sauce. Enjoy immediately.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.