This Chinese style skinny shrimp and vegetables dish is ready in under half an hour and is packed with flavor!
This meal has great flavor without all the calories. Thank you, garlic and spring onions. Hoisin sauce adds some sweetness, and soy sauce adds that salty taste we love. Easy and delicious!
If you want it spicy, add some chili paste.
A teaspoon or so of freshly grated ginger would also work well here too. I forgot to buy ginger, so it’s not in this particular recipe. It still tasted good.
You don’t need to limit yourself to my veggie suggestions. If you need to use up vegetables, feel free to chuck them in here.
Hope you love this skinny shrimp and vegetable stir fry!
Skinny Shrimp and Vegetables
A quick and easy skinny Chinese style shrimp and vegetable dish.
- 3/4 pounds medium raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces sugar snap peas
- 6 ounces broccolini
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Prepare the shrimp (peel and devein if not already done), chop the spring onions (I used the green and white parts), and cut the broccolini into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan or wok.
- When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add the garlic, peas, broccolini, red pepper, spring onions, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables reach the tenderness you like, stirring often.
- Add the shrimp back in and mix everything together.
- Serve immediately over a bed of rice. Add salt & pepper if desired.