These smoked salmon canapes with lemon truffle mayo make an easy and elegant appetizer!
When I was a kid, my mom used to buy smoked salmon for special occasions. I don't buy it often myself, but when I saw that IKEA sells it for a reasonable price, I had to pick some up. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it wasn't bad at all.
I think smoked salmon is the perfect go-to when you need to make appetizers for a dinner party. It may not be the most original thing, but with minimal effort you can make it taste pretty fancy and a little different. I am not always the best hostess so I appreciate things I can just throw together quickly before people arrive.
I know there is a bit of controversy surrounding white truffle oil, but long story short, I enjoy the stuff in moderation. It doesn't take much to add flavor to a dish, and a small bottle lasts me for months.
Need truffle oil? Buy some from Amazon.
Do you enjoy smoked salmon?
I hope you'll give these easy salmon canapes a try!
Smoked Salmon Canapes with Easy Lemon Truffle Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp white truffle oil
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- 1/4 cucumber sliced thinly
- Baguette cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Prepare mayo by mixing lemon juice, zest, white truffle oil, shallot and salt & pepper into mayo. Set aside.
- Assemble canapes by adding a layer of mayo, and then salmon and cucumber slices. Top with extra lemon zest if desired (I did for the photos).
- Serve immediately.
- I bought salmon that had dill on top of it already... thus the dill in the photos. You could sprinkle some fresh or dried dill onto the salmon, but I would say that's optional.