Spinach salad with shrimp and a smoky-sweet dressing - the fresh flavors and filling veggies make a scrumptious healthy meal or side dish.
There's a lot of good stuff in this salad. Garlicky shrimp, juicy tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, zesty lime, cucumber, creamy avocado... the list goes on. The dressing is tangy, smoky, sweet, and perfectly complements the flavors in the salad.
The best part? This deliciousness is no fuss and ready in less than half an hour.
I love mushrooms in all forms, and raw mushrooms are no exception. They work fabulously in salads. You can definitely play around with what veggies you include in this salad - it'll still taste good!
Omit the shrimp and you have a tasty vegetarian option.
Tools I used to make this recipe:
KitchenAid Food Processor
I hope you give this spinach salad with shrimp and a smoky-sweet dressing a try.
Let me know in the comments how you liked it!
Spinach Salad with Shrimp and a Smoky-Sweet Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 20 chives
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 ounces spinach (I buy the pre-washed boxes)
- 6 white mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cucumber chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3/4 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If shrimp are frozen, place them in a colander and run cool water over them. Peel and devein if needed.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil to a food processor. Blend on high while slowly drizzling in olive oil. You may need to scrape down the sides and blend again until the mixture is smooth. Set dressing aside (you can refrigerate it if you wish).
- Prep the other ingredients (spinach, mushrooms, cucumber, avocado, tomato) and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Add a bit of olive oil to the bottom of a skillet (1-2 teaspoons) and the juice from the other half of the lime. Turn heat to medium/medium high, add shrimp, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add shrimp to salad and toss with dressing. Serve immediately.
Akaila Powell says
Soooo good and I added crab meat!!
So glad you liked it! Crab meat sounds like an awesome addition! ☺
Tania @ COOKTORIA says
Love this salad! Mushrooms, shrimp and avocado is my favorite combination!
Thanks Tania!! I love it too 🙂
Tez @ Chile and Salt says
This looks so good Natasha! Definitely going on my to make soon list!!
Thank you!! Let me know if you do try it 🙂
Tracy | Baking Mischief says
Gorgeous photos, as per usual. 😉 I'm all in on that smoky sweet dressing, and any dish that looks this good and takes less than a half hour to cook is A++ in my book.
Thanks so much, Tracy!! 🙂