Spice up your popcorn with sriracha and bacon! This snack is fast, easy, and delicious to munch on. Sriracha bacon popcorn is great for movie night or anytime you need a little pick-me-up.
How cute is the popcorn bowl? My mom bought two of them for me, and then another HUGE one as well. I love them. I really like popcorn but don't make it very often, so it always feels like a treat. I usually sprinkle mine with truffle oil or that ketchup seasoning you can buy... so good.
Sriracha bacon popcorn will please all the spice lovers out there. And you can't go wrong with bacon, right. My spice-loving husband was so excited when he found powdered sriracha in the spice aisle (we bought the McCormick one).
I don't know if it's new or I just hadn't noticed it before, but here we are. He had sriracha bacon popcorn at a restaurant recently and wanted me to recreate it at home.
I did go a little cray-cray with the amount of sriracha I sprinkled on for photo purposes. My husband even said it was too spicy. I seriously felt victorious that I actually managed to out-spice him. Then the next day again I managed to set his mouth on fire again when he asked me to sprinkle a little hot sauce on his plate.
I sprinkled a lot. The skull picture and death warning on the bottle of hot sauce I grabbed from the fridge didn't tip me off. Oops. Then the day after that, he complained that my spicy chicken burgers (coming soon!) weren't spicy enough. I just can't win! What I am trying to say here is that you might want to start with a little sriracha, taste it, and then build up if need be.
Hope you love this spicy sriracha popcorn recipe!
Sriracha Bacon Popcorn
- 3 strips bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
- sriracha powder to taste
- Fry the bacon until it's crispy.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels and add them to your popcorn maker. You could also use microwave popcorn or the stove top variety.
- When the popcorn is popped, add it to a bowl and toss it with the butter and sriracha powder (start with a little then build up to your desired level of spicy). Top it with the bacon.