If you're looking for a fast, elegant, and easy fish recipe, look no further! Tilapia with a lemon herb butter pan sauce is the perfect fuss-free weeknight recipe because it takes less than 20 minutes!
Neither my husband nor I are huge fish fans, but we both really enjoyed this lemon herb tilapia recipe. The sauce is so tasty that I may have licked the plate.
Fresh oregano, parsley, and dill pack a lot of flavor. Butter makes everything better, and it gives this sauce its irresistible quality.
Many people like tilapia because of its mild taste. Those who aren't into really fishy tasting fish will like it.
I like it because it's a firm fish, which means it's much easier to handle and doesn't fall apart while you're cooking it.
I hope you'll give this lemon tilapia recipe a try!
Questions? Ask in the comments below.
Tilapia with a Lemon Herb Butter Pan Sauce
A quick, easy, and fantastic fish dish with a herb butter sauce.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flour for dredging (1/4 cup or more if needed)
- 5 ounces chicken broth or water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop herbs.
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of each tilapia fillet.
- Add flour to a plate.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, dredge each tilapia fillet in flour and add to the skillet. Cook for three minutes on each side.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and herbs to the skillet. Cook for five minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Serve immediately.
- Great with rice or a side salad.