This zesty lemon hummus is extra creamy and extra lemony. Ready in under 10 minutes!
I know, another hummus recipe. The world really needs more of those.
I've been eating hummus since I was like four years old, so that gives me a license to post this. Plus, I am still in love with my new food processor. So there.
Anyway... yes, I love this zesty lemon hummus. It has the perfect light and smooth texture and packs some awesome flavor. I've had various misadventures making my own hummus (hellooo dry and chunky), but this one's a winner.
If lemons aren't your jam, maybe beets are? I have a recipe for that.
Zesty Lemon Hummus
A fresh and zesty lemon hummus ready in under 10 minutes!
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chickpeas drained
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Water (if needed)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor except for the oil.
- Blend on high, slowly drizzling in olive oil for about a minute, or until smooth. I usually end up stopping, scraping the sides down, and blending longer. If needed (like if the mixture is too dry), add water gradually while blending on high (start with 1/4 cup or less) until the consistency you want is reached.
- Serve immediately or chill it first. I like to serve this hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.