This easy 20 minute turkey bolognese is a fab weeknight pasta idea that also makes great leftovers!
I love making a big batch of my spaghetti sauce when I have a few hours to spare, but that isn’t always possible. You can have a healthy and delicious homemade tomato and meat sauce ready in less than half an hour and without any fussy ingredients. A little bit of fresh parmesan cheese grated on top and you’ve got yourself one tasty meal!
If you felt like it, you could add a splash of cream to this sauce. I’m big on creamy sauces (you’ll know this if you read this blog with any regularity!), but I really enjoyed this sauce as is, which is good… because calories, right. If you’re busy stuffing yourself with pumpkin everything, this’ll help you achieve some balance. 😉
I can’t believe it’s almost October. It’s scary how fast time flies. I don’t like cold weather, but I do have sports to console me at least. Football season is well underway, and my Broncos are undefeated. Hockey season will begin soon, and I am excited to check out my Oilers’ new arena. So far we have tickets to December and March games, and we may buy another game or two from another season ticket holder friend. I’m cautiously optimistic that they’ll do better this year… but it has been a looong 10 years of not making the playoffs.
I’ve been brainstorming lots of cozy recipes to make and share with you in the coming months, and I’m pretty excited about them! If you have any suggestions of what kinds of things you’d like to see on here, I’d be happy to hear them.
- Pasta, for serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7.2 fluid ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh basil, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add the olive oil and onion to a skillet and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, and basil. Increase the heat to medium high. Once it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Made one of my recipes? Tag me on IG @saltandlavender and hashtag #saltandlavender so I can see it 🙂
All images and content are © Salt & Lavender.