This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Yes, you can prep and cook this vegetarian Margherita naan pizza in 10 minutes! Enjoy the classic flavors of fresh mozzarella, tomato sauce, and basil in this delicious pizza.
Ah the naan pizza. A fairly recent discovery for me, but better late than never!
I love how fast and tasty naan pizzas are. My truffled mushroom naan pizza was my first attempt, and this Margherita version is even quicker!
This pizza really couldn’t be any easier to make. Spread the naan with some tomato sauce, sprinkle on a little garlic powder and Italian seasoning, then top with a few slices of fresh mozzarella and some fresh basil. Broil it for 5 minutes, sprinkle a little more basil on, drizzle a little olive oil on, cut it up, and that’s it!
This pizza is light and fresh, and it would be perfect for warm evenings on the patio with a glass of something nice.
Naans really do make the best simple pizza base in my opinion. Pizza should be fast and easy, not complicated.
Will you make this 10 minute Margherita naan pizza?
Questions? Leave me a comment.
10 Minute Margherita Naan Pizza
- 2 naans
- Tomato sauce to taste (see note)
- Garlic powder to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Sliced fresh mozzarella (mozzarella fresca) to taste
- Handful fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Turn your oven's broiler on high and move the rack to the top third of the oven.
- Place the naans on one larger or two smaller baking sheets. Spread each naan with an even layer of tomato sauce. Lightly sprinkle them with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Add a few slices of mozzarella to each naan and fill in the gaps with the basil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the edges are lightly browned.
- Add some more fresh basil (I like to tear it into smaller pieces) and a drizzle of olive oil to each pizza. Slice and serve immediately.
- No exact quantities are listed because topping pizzas should be fun! I used a small can of Hunt's tomato sauce and had some left over. Any canned/jarred tomato sauce will work!
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.