Want a fast low-carb meal that’s healthy and tasty? Try these 15 minute garlic shrimp zoodles.
You’ve been waiting for the day that zoodles make it to this blog, right? Ok, you probably haven’t. I’m making use of my Christmas spiralizer, and here they are in all their glory. Garlic + shrimp + zucchini noodles = low-carb heaven.
I actually find the term “zoodles” a bit weird since I grew up with those zoo animal shaped pasta pieces in a tomato sauce in a can, and they were called Zoodles. I personally preferred Alphagetti because I could spell out rude words, but I was a bad child. Anyone know if these still exist?
I kept it pretty simple for my first go at zucchini noodles. I tried hard to not overcook the zoodles because I didn’t want a mushy, watery mess. The texture could be described as a bit crisper than al dente if we’re comparing it to actual noodles.
Once you’ve spiralized the zucchini, the dish is ready in like 5 minutes. You don’t want to overcook the shrimp either, right.
You could even make these keto shrimp zoodles as a side dish if you’re a meat and potatoes kinda person. I get that zucchini noodles are sacrilegious for some people.
I’m not a giant carb-aholic to begin with, so I’m ok swapping out the pasta (sometimes, not all the time!), but low-carb isn’t for everyone. I added some red pepper flakes to give it a bit of heat and color, but that’s optional if you’re not big on spice.
How’s your January going? As always, I’m feeling a bit down because it’s January and I live in a cold place, but at least I’ve been eating pretty healthy, so that has me feeling a bit better physically.
I definitely overdid it a bit around Christmas, so I am glad for recipes like these to get me back on track! I think this dish would also be great in the summer when zucchini is plentiful and everyone is craving lighter things in general. Except for burgers.
Ok, who am I kidding, I crave burgers year-round. 😛
Here’s a video I made to show how to make these shrimp scampi zoodles:
Will you give these quick garlic shrimp zoodles a try? Let me know in the comments below.
I hope you love this easy low-carb recipe!
15 Minute Garlic Shrimp Zoodles
Easy, delicious, low-carb lemon and garlic shrimp with zucchini noodles.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Spiralize the zucchini on the medium setting. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice & zest to a skillet on medium heat. Once the pan is warm, add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for one minute per side.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional minute, stirring often.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir/toss (e.g. with tongs) constantly for 2-3 minutes until they're slightly cooked and warmed up.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the chopped parlsey. Serve immediately.
This is the spiralizer I used to make this recipe.
Calorie information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee.
Courses Main Course
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You may also like my 15 minute garlic lime cashew zoodles recipe.