These BBQ chicken tacos are a fast, healthy meal that’s ideal for a busy weeknight. They use ground chicken so they’re super easy to make!
These ground chicken tacos are a nice break from some of the heavier winter foods I’ve been eating these days.
As long as you go easy on the sour cream and don’t eat like 5 of these, they’re pretty healthy as well. 😉 You could also sub in low-fat Greek yogurt if you wanted to – the taste is very similar.
The BBQ sauce adds extra moisture and a bit of sweet-smokiness to these tacos.
I love loading these tacos up with avocado, lettuce and tomatoes and lots of lime juice. Reminds me of summer!
I feel like chicken is the forgotten ground meat… or maybe I just don’t use it much. I’m not sure why not since it’s so easy to prepare… plunk it in the pan and you’re practically done.
It also cooks really fast and I haven’t heard of any ground chicken contamination scandals lately (or ever?) 🙂
These easy ground chicken tacos aren’t exactly gourmet, and, to be honest, sometimes I just prefer super simple taco recipes to the fancier kinds you can get at restaurants/taco places.
I like those too, but sometimes I just want familiar, simple, and ready in 20 minutes.
Have you made these BBQ chicken tacos?
Let me know in the comments below!
BBQ Chicken Taco Recipe
These BBQ chicken tacos are a fast, healthy meal that's ideal for a busy weeknight. They use ground chicken so they're super easy to make!
- 6-8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 pack ground chicken breast (mine was 0.77 lbs., anything from 0.5-1 lb. should work)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Iceberg lettuce shredded
- Avocado sliced
- Tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes)
- Onion chopped
- Sour Cream
- Lime quartered
- Pre-heat oven to 375F to warm tortillas. Place tortillas in foil to warm them all at once.
- Add olive oil, chicken, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for about 8-10 minutes (or until cooked through), stirring often, and breaking up the meat.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the veggies and rest of the garnish.
- Once chicken is cooked, add BBQ sauce and stir to ensure chicken is evenly coated. Add salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve tacos immediately and garnish as desired.
- Feel free to use taco seasoning instead of the individual spices if it's easier for you!