Buffalo chicken tacos - your favorite hot wing sauce is here to kick your tacos up a notch! These tacos only take 25 minutes and are a real crowd pleaser.
Buffalo sauce is stupidly easy to make. Some recipes include as few as three ingredients - Frank's Red Hot, butter, and vinegar. I added in a few other things because I like to make things
more complicated taste better.
When I was first imagining these tacos, I considered topping these with celery and carrots but then realized that was way too literal. Instead, I chose avocado and spring onions to make these extra awesome, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice is icing on the cake.
If you're missing it, you could always add some crumbled blue cheese to these tacos, but I know that not everyone is a fan. I left it out. Or, you could substitute the sour cream for a blue cheese dressing.
I'm partial to sour cream. It provides a nice, cool contrast to the buffalo sauce, and hey, sour cream and tacos just go together.
These tacos would make a great game day meal. You don't even have to spend much time in the kitchen (unless you want to, of course). Did I mention my Broncos are Super Bowl champs?
Other buffalo chicken recipes you'll love:
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
I hope you give these buffalo chicken tacos a try!
Let me know in the comments if you enjoyed them.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 1 pack ground chicken breast (anything from 0.5-1 lb. should work)
- 6-8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Sour cream to taste
- 1 avocado chopped
- Spring onions to taste
- Iceberg lettuce shredded, to taste
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- Pre-heat oven to 375F to warm tortillas. Place tortillas in foil to warm them all at once.
- Make the buffalo sauce by melting butter on medium heat then adding the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir. Increase heat to high and remove from heat just before it comes to a boil.
- Add olive oil to a skillet on medium heat. Add the ground chicken breast and cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken and give it a quick stir so chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Assemble tacos immediately. Top tacos with sour cream, avocado, spring onions, lettuce, and a squeeze of lime.