This beef and noodles recipe is quick comfort food! The meat and ramen noodles are tossed in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
I recently made a ramen stir-fry with chicken, and I was inspired to make one with beef. Beef is actually my favorite meat, but you wouldn't know it judging by the lack of beef recipes on my blog. Steak and burgers are my favorite way to eat beef, and now this beef ramen recipe is up there. Writing up this post is making me want to cook it again!
I used sirloin in this recipe - it's a nice balance between tenderness and price.
How to make beef and noodles
This easy beef and noodles recipe is cooked right on the stovetop. The noodles are cooked separately from the meat, onions, and sauce until the very end; the only thing that you need to keep in mind with this recipe is timing the ramen noodles so they are ready around the same time as the meat is cooked. The ramen noodles only take about 3 minutes to cook in boiling water, so this isn't too hard to do.
The meat is sliced thin so it doesn't take long to cook at all, either. You then toss it with the noodles and sauce and you're ready to go!
The sauce has some of my favorite Asian ingredients, including soy sauce, hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, and sriracha. I'd describe it as sweet and tangy and a little bit spicy. As always, feel free to adjust the ingredients until you get the taste that you love.
More sriracha? No problem!
I added a bit of extra hoisin sauce to my plate when the photos were snapped and I was ready to dig into this spicy beef ramen recipe. So tasty.
Will you give this easy beef noodles recipe a try?
Let me know in the comments below!
Beef and Noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 3/4-1 pound sirloin steak (or use tenderloin) sliced into thin strips
- 3 packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- Boil a large pot of water for the noodles.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring fairly often, until the onion is very lightly browned (approx. 6-8 minutes).
- Just before you're ready to add the meat to the pan, add the ramen noodles to the boiling water (they will only take around 3 minutes).
- Add the steak to the skillet and cook it for a couple of minutes, stirring often, until it's as cooked as you'd like it (I prefer medium to medium-rare, so it does not need long).
- Add the sauce ingredients to the skillet and give it a good stir. I add them right into the pan, so it's best to have them ready to go so you don't overcook the steak. You may want to reduce the heat if the sauce is bubbling too much.
- Drain the ramen noodles and add them to the skillet. Toss until everything is nicely coated, and serve immediately.
- This makes 4 fairly small portions, so I suggest serving this with a salad or something if you've got 4 big eaters around the table.
- If you're making this for 2 people, I suggest using 2 packages of ramen noodles and keeping everything else the same.
- Feel free to serve with extra sriracha or hoisin sauce or to add it right into the pan when you're making the sauce - you can't go wrong here. 🙂