This beef ramen noodles recipe is super comforting and comes together fast! You’ll love the tender ground beef with an addictive sweet and savory peanut sauce. Ready in only 30 minutes!
I love making Asian-inspired recipes. My ground beef bowls (with rice) and my beef and noodles (made with ramen and sirloin) are very popular whenever I feature them on Instagram, so I decided to create a sort of hybrid of the two. In my opinion, you can never have too many quick and easy beef recipes. 🙂
This one’s a bit different because I used peanut butter. I looove a good peanut sauce! I also added some soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce (it’s not too spicy mixed in with the other ingredients – don’t worry, but also feel free to add more if you do want it spicy!), garlic, and ginger.
This is the perfect recipe for a busy weeknight. It’s cheaper and faster than getting takeout. I seriously had troubles stopping eating this when the photos were done!
How to make this beef noodle bowl
- Brown the beef in a skillet;
- Meanwhile, boil the water to cook the ramen;
- Drain the beef of any excess fat and stir in the sauce ingredients;
- Add the red pepper to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until tender-crisp, and meanwhile, cook the noodles;
- Add the noodles to the skillet along with a splash of the water they were cooked in;
- Season with salt & pepper if needed and garnish with chopped scallions.
(Full ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below)
If you’re not a fan of red peppers, feel free to leave them out. I just added it for a bit of color, crunch, and freshness. You could sub for another veggie if you prefer!
Will you make this ground beef and ramen noodles recipe?
Questions? Let me know in the comments!
Beef Ramen Noodles
This beef ramen noodles recipe is super comforting and comes together fast! You'll love the tender ground beef with an addictive sweet and savory peanut sauce.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 heaping tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 packages ramen noodles seasoning packets discarded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Scallions chopped (optional)
Add the beef to a skillet over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned (about 8 minutes). If there's a lot of excess fat, spoon most of it out.
Meanwhile, boil a pot of water for the ramen noodles.
Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the sauce ingredients (peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic).
Return the skillet to the heat and add in the red pepper (you will probably need to turn the heat down a bit). Continue cooking for a few more minutes, stirring often, until the pepper is tender-crisp.
The noodles only take about 3 minutes to cook, so I recommend adding the noodles to the boiling water just as you add the red pepper into the skillet.
Once the noodles are done, add 4 tablespoons (or so) of the cooking water into the skillet prior to draining them. Drain the noodles and add them to the skillet.
Toss well and season with extra salt & pepper if needed. Top with scallions if desired. Serve immediately.