You’re sure to find something you love in this roundup of 15 delicious Christmas sugar cookie recipes perfect for your holiday cookie exchange! I collected some of the most creative, softest, easiest, and best decorated sugar cookies on the internet! Merry Christmas!
1. Never Fail Sugar Cookies from Salt & Baker
This is what I think of when I imagine the perfect Christmas sugar cookie! It’s soft and covered in festive sprinkles. You don’t even need to chill the dough in this recipe, which saves some time during the busy holiday season.
2. Sugar Cookies with Crushed Peppermint from Beyond the Chicken Coop
Don’t these pretty sugar cookies look like they’re just waiting for Santa to devour them? I love the crushed candy cane touch!
3. Easy Cutout Sugar Cookies from Amy in the Kitchen
These cutout sugar cookies have dough that’s easy to work with, and there’s plenty of tips and tricks to ensure that this recipe works flawlessly.
4. Holiday Sugar Cookies with DIY Colored Sugar by The View from Great Island
This sugar cookie recipe is quick and easy, and it also includes a fun tutorial on how to make your own colored sugar so you can take your decorating up a notch!
5. Sugar Cookies with Easy Icing from Nicky’s Kitchen Sanctuary
Easy icing is what I need since I am so not a master cookie decorator. Like Nicky says, if she can make them look pretty, anyone can! 😉
6. Vegan Sugar Cookies from Salt & Lavender
These dairy-free delights are probably my favorite baking recipe that I’ve developed for my blog. I’ve made them plenty of times, and they’ve received rave reviews from people I’ve baked them for. Bonus: you don’t even need to chill the dough.
7. Window Pane Sugar Cookies from Preppy Kitchen
These stained glass cookies are actually way easier to make than you think!
8. Christmas Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Icing from The Anthony Kitchen
I love the cute little wreaths, and there’s a great tutorial in here on how to make the buttercream icing from scratch.
9. Decorated Christmas Tree Cookies from Bakers Royale
These cookies are beautiful, but you need not be intimidated. They’re made from boxed sugar cookie mix, so you can spend a little more time on decorating! 😉
10. No Roll Sugar Cookies from Spend with Pennies
No messing around with rolling pins or chilling the dough is appealing when you’ve got holiday errands to run! This easy sugar cookies recipe is right up my alley.
11. Edible Sugar Cookie Dough from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen
I love sneaking cookie dough, and with this recipe that’s specifically designed for eating as-is, you can do it without risking the raw eggs. 🙂
12. Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from Crayons and Cravings
Hershey’s kisses make these sugar cookies extra scrumptious!
13. The Softest Sugar Cookies (That Hold Their Shape) from The Food Charlatan
Sugar cookies are better than sugar blobs, and this recipe will tell you exactly how to achieve what you set out to do. 😉
14. Christmas Chalkboard Sugar Cookies from A Turtle’s Life for Me
I can’t get over how creative these sugar cookies are!
15. Matcha Green Tea Sugar Cookies from Sweet and Savoury Pursuits
If you’re looking for sugar cookies with a flavor that’s a little different and more complex, this is your recipe!
Which of these Xmas sugar cookie recipes is your favorite? Talk to me in the comments!