Bruschetta salmon is an easy, summery dish that is a great way to take advantage of in-season tomatoes and basil. Ready in under 30 minutes!
I'm all for fast, easy, and fresh recipes, especially in the summer. Well, that is when I'm not making wintery comfort food recipes, I guess. ANYWAY. It's all about balance, right?? Salmon is my favorite fish, and I'm always looking for ways to dress it up.
All you do to make this is prepare a simple bruschetta with ripe, juicy tomatoes and plenty of garlic and fresh basil. Bake the salmon and then top it with the bruschetta.
You can serve it by itself if you're looking for a light lunch/dinner or make a salad, rice, or new potatoes to go with it. The flavor combination works, and if you're worried about fish being boring, this really livens it up.
Did you guys know that "bruschetta" actually refers to the bread and not the topping? It can have many different toppings. Bruschetta pomodoro (tomato) in particular refers to the classic tomato, basil, garlic topping and bread appetizer.
I'm leaving out the bread for a lighter meal. There is your Italian lesson for the day, courtesy of my annoying sister 😉
Questions about this bruschetta salmon recipe?
Let me know in the comments.
- 2 pieces fresh salmon about 1 pound
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Garlic powder to taste
Bruschetta pomodoro topping:
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 large leaves basil torn into small pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F and position the rack in the top third of the oven.
- Make the bruschetta by chopping tomatoes into small pieces and combining all bruschetta ingredients in a bowl. Set aside (refrigerate it if you prefer it really cold).
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and season with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Drizzle about a teaspoon of olive oil on top of the salmon and use a spoon to coat it evenly with the oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of fish) until it's cooked through.
- When salmon is cooked, take it out of the oven and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Serve the salmon with the bruschetta sprinkled on top of the salmon. This dish is great with a salad, new potatoes, or rice.