These creamy balsamic pork tenderloin medallions are coated in a tasty balsamic portobello mushroom sauce. Quick and easy, this recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes! Total comfort food.
This post was originally published on June 22, 2016. I am going through and updating some of my old posts with new photos, better info, and more clearly written recipes.
This easy pork tenderloin recipe was good the way it was originally written, but I decided to simplify it even more, and it came out great. The photos weren’t exactly my best (ok, they were some of my worst), and I am pretty sure others agreed, because the traffic to this post was next-to-none.
It’s a shame because the recipe was much better than the photos indicated. 😛 I am hoping that these new photos give this recipe justice!
This simple pork recipe is fast, uses only a handful of everyday ingredients, and really dresses up pork. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or even for easy entertaining.
How do you make balsamic pork tenderloin?
This version is made in a skillet. The pork is cut into medallions and then sautéd. The mushrooms are added in and a delicious balsamic portobello mushroom cream sauce is created. The whole thing is ready in 25 minutes. Easy!
What do you serve balsamic pork tenderloin with?
The creamy sauce is perfect with mashed potatoes. Rice also goes well, as do green beans.
This easy pork medallions recipe is sure to be a new favorite! It certainly disappeared quickly at our house. 😉
The tender pork melts in your mouth!
Have you made this pork tenderloin in a creamy balsamic sauce recipe? Let me know!
Creamy Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
These creamy balsamic pork tenderloin medallions are coated in a tasty balsamic portobello mushroom sauce. Quick and easy, this recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2" medallions
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bellas)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Cut pork into medallions. Sprinkle them with salt & pepper and the garlic powder on both sides and dredge in flour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork to the skillet once it's hot and cook for 3-4 minutes/side.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms.
- Take the pork out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the mushrooms to the pan. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning to the pan. Let it bubble for 2 minutes.
- Add in the cream and put the pork back in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes or until it thickens up a bit and the pork is fully cooked. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed.
You can replace half or all of the chicken broth with dry white wine if desired.
Courses Main Course
You may also like my creamy balsamic chicken pasta.