This easy cheesy asparagus recipe takes asparagus to the next level! Everyone's going to love this simple and flavorful 20 minute side dish.
This cheesy garlic roasted asparagus uses 2 cheeses: mozzarella and parmesan. The mozza makes it extra melty, and the parmesan is just plain delicious.
A touch of garlic, some olive oil, and salt & pepper round out the ingredients. Minimal and oh so good.
Roasted parmesan asparagus, where have you been all my life? 😉
How do you make cheesy asparagus?
- Trim the ends off the asparagus. Add the asparagus to a parchment-lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt & pepper, and garlic powder.
- Arrange in a single layer and add the shredded mozza, followed by the parmesan.
- Roast the asparagus for 12-15 minutes (I did mine for 13 minutes) or until it's cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- I used fairly THIN asparagus spears, so I'd stick with them or adjust cooking time as needed.
Pro tip: Broil the asparagus at the end if you want the cheese to be more browned (just watch it carefully so it doesn't burn).
What to serve with cheesy roasted asparagus
This low carb asparagus recipe is perfect with fish (try salmon), chicken, or even a big roast. If you've got picky eaters, chances are they will go for this cheesy side dish.
I hope you will love this baked cheesy asparagus recipe!
Questions? Let me know in the comments below.
Easy Cheesy Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Move the rack to the middle position and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate your parmesan (and mozzarella if you didn't buy a pre-shredded one). Trim the asparagus ends.
- Place the asparagus on the baking sheet. Add the garlic powder, salt & pepper, and olive oil. Toss until coated. Arrange the asparagus in a mostly single layer (you want the asparagus spears to touch/overlap slightly).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the asparagus. I tend to concentrate it around the middle like in the photos. Sprinkle the parmesan over top of the mozza.
- Roast the asparagus for 12-15 minutes or until it's cooked through and the cheese is nice and melty. Optional: broil for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese up (watch it carefully). Serve immediately.
- I used thin asparagus because it cooks faster. You will have to adjust cooking time if you buy thicker asparagus (or buy thicker if you prefer it to be more crisp).
You may also like my cheesy roasted zucchini.
Excellent recipe! Can't wait to make it tonight! Thnks
R. Kamysz says
Very tasty and a good change from other recipes!
So pleased you liked it! 🙂
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy says
Easy cheesy yum!
I'm trying this recipe tonight. I just put it in the oven. Can't wait to taste it. I always try to find different ways to cook the asparagus. It's good other ways I have tried it to.
Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
So tasty and easy Natasha! The perfect side dish for the upcoming holidays!