This asparagus and mushroom pasta is a healthy, light, and super flavorful meatless dish that comes together quickly and tastes like spring!
Well, as I type this, it's snowing outside. It does that a lot here. We've been spoiled this winter, but I still can't stand the cold white stuff falling from the sky.
I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy, so I was quite surprised just how much I enjoyed this pasta dish.
I have a bit of a hate on for farfalle (bowtie) pasta. When I was an obnoxious teenager, my mom made me spaghetti and meatballs with bowties instead of spaghetti.
Being the budding gourmand, I threw the biggest hissy fit because HOW DARE SHE FEED ME BOWTIE PASTA WITH MEATBALLS, and I subsequently got myself banned from that spaghetti and meatballs recipe for like 10 years. Good times.
Why did I choose bowties for this recipe? Because I want to re-live those repressed memories.
...No, I just thought it would look pretty in photos. You can choose any kind of pasta you want. Feel safe in knowing that.
How to make asparagus and mushroom pasta
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta; make the sauce while the pasta cooks.
- Sauté the asparagus pieces in butter and olive oil in a skillet for 5 minutes; add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, and salt & pepper.
- Drain pasta (optional: reserve a little pasta water to toss with the sauce) and serve the sauce over pasta.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Delish!
Will you make this healthy asparagus and mushroom pasta recipe?
Let me know in the comments!
Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta
A fast and delicious vegetarian pasta dish that is perfect for spring.
- 4 ounces farfalle (or other) pasta
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (approx. 12 stalks) ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions.
- Grate parmesan. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Cut asparagus into roughly five equal sections (four cuts). Add asparagus to pan and cook for approximately five minutes.
- While asparagus is cooking, slice mushrooms. Add to skillet. Cook for a few minutes, until mushrooms are softened.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Stir and cook for a couple more minutes. Serve over the pasta once it has cooked and generously sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- This recipe is easily doubled.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.