This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This creamy mushroom pasta recipe makes a delicious meatless weeknight dinner! Ready in about 30 minutes.
I really love the nicely balanced flavors in this vegetarian mushroom pasta sauce. Yes, it’s creamy, but the lemon juice and touch of Dijon mustard really brighten the sauce.
Since there’s no meat in this dish, and you can skip the parmesan cheese if you wish, I’d say it’s just decadent enough without being too much.
This easy mushroom pasta recipe is good enough for company, so if you’re not sure what to serve at a vegetarian dinner party, here’s an idea! 😉 I use cremini mushrooms in this recipe, but white mushrooms or whatever variety you have on hand will work!
How to make creamy mushroom pasta
Making this creamy vegetarian mushroom pasta is easy. You start by sautéing the mushrooms with some oil, butter, and garlic. After a few minutes, take them out of the pan temporarily. You then make a quick pan sauce with the lemon juice, white wine, seasoning, flour, Dijon mustard, and cream, and then add the mushrooms back in. Finish off by tossing the delicious sauce with your pasta of choice. That mushroom white wine sauce is so tasty.
Pro tip: Don’t consume alcohol? Replace the white wine with chicken broth (or veg broth if you’re vegetarian).
I love the mushrooms + cream combo. I have a pretty recent recipe for creamy garlic mushrooms that you should definitely check out if you feel the same way!
Will you give this easy creamy mushroom pasta a go? I highly recommend it! 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (I like fettuccine or linguine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta and cook it al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms release most of their water and it's cooked off.
- Take the mushrooms out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the wine, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, flour, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Stir until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Stir in the cream and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms back into the pan. Reduce the heat and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season sauce with salt & pepper as needed.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce along with the parsley and parmesan if using.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.