These creamy garlic mushrooms make a delicious side dish that's very fast and easy to make. Try them with steak, a roast, or even over pasta.
I originally made this creamy garlic mushroom recipe with the mushrooms cut up, but I much prefer the whole mushrooms. The whole mushrooms stand up better to the cream sauce and retain a nice, "meaty" texture, which I like.
How to make creamy garlic mushrooms
Sear the mushrooms in the butter/oil mixture for 5-7 minutes.
Add the cream, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the mushrooms have cooked through.
Season as needed and add a bit of fresh parmesan cheese and/or fresh parsley.
This mushroom side dish couldn't get much easier!
Pro tip: You can make these easy garlic mushrooms with white mushrooms, but I do recommend using baby portobellos. I used fairly large (stuffer size) ones, so if you do use small white mushrooms, you may want to do the initial sear for a little less time.
The cream sauce is rich and decadent, but a bit of lemon juice lifts the dish, as does the fresh parsley. And adding a little parmesan cheese at the end just makes these over-the-top delicious. 😉
Love these flavors? Try my easy creamy mushroom pasta recipe.
Let me know in the comments below if you've made this creamy garlic mushroom side dish.
Questions? Don't hesitate to ask me.
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
- 16 ounces mushrooms (baby bellas/large crimini work best)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese optional, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped optional, to taste
- Melt the butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the mushrooms. Cook them for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mushrooms should start to brown on the outside and shrink a little.
- Add the cream, lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened a bit and the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed, and grate some fresh parmesan and sprinkle fresh parsley over top if desired.