My chimichurri potato salad is packed with flavor from the fresh herbs and garlic! It's the perfect healthy and easy to prepare side dish that's ideal for those who do not like creamy potato salad.
This healthy vegan potato salad recipe really couldn't be easier to make. Cut your little potatoes in half, cook them, let them cool, chop a few things up, and then mix it all together.
So, I made my first ever recipe video for this recipe (there may have been tears at one point). Ah learning curves.
What's in chimichurri sauce?
Cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, and salt.
Chimichurri sauce is typically served with steak, but while I was sitting by the pool on my last vacation, the idea popped into my head to make it into a potato salad. Turns out it wasn't such a bad idea. And now I wish I was sitting by the pool again.
You can adjust the red pepper flakes to make this more mild or more spicy.
This no mayo potato salad is also great the next day when the flavors meld and intensify!
Will you give these chimichurri potatoes a go?
Questions? Let me know in the comments.
Chimichurri Potato Salad
- 1.5 pounds little potatoes
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro/parsley blend chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot (about half a shallot) chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed red pepper)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut little potatoes in half and boil them in a large pot of water. Once they're cooked (about 10-15 minutes), drain and transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the cilantro, parsley, oregano, and shallot. Mince the garlic.
- Once the potatoes have cooled (give it at least 10 minutes), toss all the ingredients together. Potato salad can be served immediately, but I like it give it at least an hour to chill and have the flavors meld together.