My chimichurri potato salad is packed with flavor from the fresh herbs and garlic! It's the perfect healthy and easy to prepare side dish that's ideal for those who do not like creamy potato salad.
This healthy vegan potato salad recipe really couldn't be easier to make. Cut your little potatoes in half, cook them, let them cool, chop a few things up, and then mix it all together.
So, I made my first ever recipe video for this recipe (there may have been tears at one point). Ah learning curves.
What's in chimichurri sauce?
Cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, and salt.
Chimichurri sauce is typically served with steak, but while I was sitting by the pool on my last vacation, the idea popped into my head to make it into a potato salad. Turns out it wasn't such a bad idea. And now I wish I was sitting by the pool again.
You can adjust the red pepper flakes to make this more mild or more spicy.
This no mayo potato salad is also great the next day when the flavors meld and intensify!
Will you give these chimichurri potatoes a go?
Questions? Let me know in the comments.
Chimichurri Potato Salad
- 1.5 pounds little potatoes
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro/parsley blend chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot (about half a shallot) chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed red pepper)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut little potatoes in half and boil them in a large pot of water. Once they're cooked (about 10-15 minutes), drain and transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the cilantro, parsley, oregano, and shallot. Mince the garlic.
- Once the potatoes have cooled (give it at least 10 minutes), toss all the ingredients together. Potato salad can be served immediately, but I like it give it at least an hour to chill and have the flavors meld together.
Love potato salad without mayo? You may also like my grainy mustard potato salad or my potato and green bean salad.
This is so much better than a heavy potato salad with mayo! It really looks delicious, also on the video, great job 🙂
Thanks Natanja! 🙂
Kate @ Babaganosh.org says
Love this! I like dipping roasted potatoes into chimichurri sauce,this is a great way to take it one step further.
Great job on the video!! There was something so satisfying about watching the potatoes get mixed together at a fast speed, I could've watched a whole minute of that, lol. I actually ordered a tripod just the other day to try my hand at videos (and to up my photography game). Thanks for the heads up about the potential tears, I can see the first one being very challenging! 🙂
Thanks Kate!! Haha that is so funny... I am glad you like watching me mix potatoes in fast forward!! Yeah, I've like never done a video or edited one in my life... so let's just say that I was frustrated before I even began. I feel a bit better now that I have a slightly better idea what I'm doing, though. 😛
Ak Brown says
I definitely want to try this, it looks so yummy!
Thanks! Hope you like it!
Dawn @ Girl Heart Food says
What a delicious and easy side! Something about those little potatoes,too, that I love! Great job on the video, by the way!
Thanks so much! And I'm glad you like the video 😉
Great recipe and video. I pinned it so I can make it. Thanks! Wish I had some now for lunch...
Thanks Renee! 🙂