This chocolate peppermint stick cocktail recipe is fun and festive. Baileys, Creme de Cacao, Peppermint Schnapps, and crushed candy canes make one awesome holiday drink.
This is a pretty simple drink to make. You just add some ice, Creme de Cacao, Baileys, and Peppermint Schnapps to a cocktail shaker and shake shake shake.
This drink is delicious anytime, but if you want a festive twist for Christmas, rim your glasses with crushed candy canes (or peppermint candies). Or garnish the drink with a mini candy cane.
If you love creamy cocktails with Baileys, you may also like my Christmas cookie cocktail (it has Oreos... yum).
This is the type of drink that goes down easy and everyone will want more. Just don't overdo it. 😉
I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!
Will you give this chocolate peppermint stick Christmas cocktail a go? Let me know in the comments below if you've made it.
Chocolate Peppermint Stick Cocktail
- 1 candy cane crushed (or use peppermint candies)
- 1.5 ounces Creme de Cacao
- 1.5 ounces Baileys
- 1.5 ounces Peppermint Schnapps
- For the glass rim: place the candy cane or peppermint candies in a plastic bag and crush them into small pieces with a rolling pin. Alternatively, if you don't want to do the rim, simply garnish the glass with a mini candy cane or skip this step altogether.
- Rim the glass with the crushed candy cane pieces (I just used water and the candy stuck to it easily).
- Add some ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the 3 liqueurs into the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into the glass. Enjoy immediately.
Is there something I can use instead of baileys? I’m out and don’t want to go out! Haaa
Kahlua maybe? I'll be honest... my husband helped me with this drink and I'm not the best mixologist lol. I mean anything that's a creamy liqueur is probably on the right track haha.
Would kahlua be an okay replacement for the creme de cacao? I happen to have the rest on hand!
I think that should be good! 🙂
Can I make ahead of time and put in the frig and then just shake and pour?
I think that should be ok, but I haven't tried it.
"Awesome!" Perfect Holiday drink. Will definetly make again!
Great!! So glad you enjoyed it.
Lori Sherman says
I made these for a girls night. They were so good. I had a hard time rimming the glass so I used mini candy canes for a garnish.
Wonderful! That's a great idea! 🙂
Try melting some chocolate chips....dip the rims in the chocolate and then the crushed candy canes!!! Yum