The Christmas cookie cocktail recipe is perfect for holiday parties, gatherings, or a quiet night at home by the roaring fire! Oreos, Bailey's, Kahlua, and Peppermint Schnapps make one tasty drink.
This recipe is courtesy of my husband, the former bartender. He loves Christmas and a good Christmas drink.
I admit that even I liked this drink, and I am not the biggest fan of creamy liqueurs like Bailey's. And I can't really handle alcohol so I tend to stick to what I know. 😛
And of course you can't go wrong with Oreos. The Oreo crumbs are definitely the cherry on top of this festive cocktail.
If you're looking for other festive cocktails, I do also have a pear champagne cocktail, which is totally different but still Chrismassy.
If you want a Xmas cocktail that's also creamy like this one and has Baileys, try my chocolate peppermint stick cocktail. So good.
If you let this drink sit for too long, the Oreo crumbs will sink a bit, but that's ok. We weren't complaining after we had to finish these (ok, I had like 2 sips) after I was finally able to capture some half-decent photos. I think it was like 11 am, but who can remember? 😉 The life of a food blogger, folks.
Ah drink photos... my least favorite. I won't be starting a cocktails blog anytime soon, guys.
Will you give this Christmas cocktail recipe a try? What's your favorite thing to drink during the holidays? I like this better than eggnog. Eggnog ain't my thing.
Let me know in the comments below!
Christmas Cookie Cocktail
- 1/2 Oreo cookie (take out the filling) crushed
- 1 ounce Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
- Take the Oreo cookie and remove the white stuff. Crush half the cookie (just one circle) in a small ZipLoc bag (I use a rolling pin to do this) until it's in very fine crumbs.
- Take a cocktail shaker and add the ice, Schnapps, Kahlua, and Bailey's. Shake well. Strain it into your glass.
- Sprinkle the Oreo crumbs on top and enjoy immediately. Repeat as needed. 😉
Leave a Reply