This chorizo, white bean, and potato soup is delicious and comforting. Garlic, onions, Swiss chard, and cream make this soup extra flavorful.
This is one of those soups that tastes even better the next day. More of the starch is released from the potatoes, and the flavors meld together, creating a richer soup.
This soup is quite similar to a certain Olive Garden copycat recipe, so if you like that one, you're in luck. I mean, what's not to like about this soup? It's a big bowl of comfort.
The chorizo adds a bit of zip to this soup, which is great on a cold winter day. You really can't go wrong with chorizo.
The Swiss chard adds some vitamins and a nice texture to the soup. Beans add some protein. This is a very hearty soup, and one bowl makes a great dinner!
Will you be making this chorizo potato soup?
Questions? Let me know!
Chorizo, White Bean, and Potato Soup
- 10 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 unpeeled red potatoes roughly diced
- 6 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 2 cups heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut chorizo into bite-size pieces and add to a pot on medium-high heat. Fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare onions, potatoes, garlic, and beans.
- Add vegetable broth, water, minced garlic, kidney beans, onion, potatoes, and Italian seasoning into the pot. Increase heat to high and once it starts to boil, reduce to medium heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove Swiss chard leaves from the stems and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Add cream and Swiss chard and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Really yummy! I substituted spinach for the chard. I also used 3tbs of butter and 2 cups of cashew milk instead of the half and half. At the end I added extra garlic powder and sumac for a pop of color and added zing. Thanks!
Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed this! 💕
This looks incredible -- beautiful photo! Love the colors! I'm going to have to make this soup, for sure.
Thanks Paige 🙂 It is really good!!
Kate @ Babaganosh.org says
This soup looks aaaamazing, and perfect for winter! I love really hearty soups with lots of stuff in them. And the fact that it has chorizo and potatoes would probably even satisfy my fiance, who for some strange reason thinks soups are not filling.
Haha this one is definitely filling. I could only manage one bowl!
I can't take my eyes from this soup, you present it so beautifully - just like everything you cook ❤ It looks delicious and it seems easy yo make, I put it on my list of 'absolute-must-do' recipes 🙂 ❤
Thanks so much ?
Cheese and Chinese says
This looks like the perfect comfort food! I love anything with chorizo, there's so much flavour in there!
Agreed! Thank you ?
Meghan | Fox and Briar says
This soup looks SO GOOD. Creamy, warm and comforting, perfect for winter! Pinning!
Thanks Meghan 🙂
Tania @ COOKTORIA says
The soup looks fantastic! So creamy and hearty... Yum!
Thanks Tania 🙂