This chorizo, white bean, and potato soup is delicious and comforting. Garlic, onions, Swiss chard, and cream make this soup extra flavorful.
This is one of those soups that tastes even better the next day. More of the starch is released from the potatoes, and the flavors meld together, creating a richer soup.
This soup is quite similar to a certain Olive Garden copycat recipe, so if you like that one, you’re in luck. I mean, what’s not to like about this soup? It’s a big bowl of comfort.
The chorizo adds a bit of zip to this soup, which is great on a cold winter day. You really can’t go wrong with chorizo.
The Swiss chard adds some vitamins and a nice texture to the soup. Beans add some protein. This is a very hearty soup, and one bowl makes a great dinner!
Will you be making this chorizo potato soup?
Questions? Let me know!
Chorizo, White Bean, and Potato Soup
A cozy and comforting winter soup!
- 10 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 unpeeled red potatoes roughly diced
- 6 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 2 cups heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut chorizo into bite-size pieces and add to a pot on medium-high heat. Fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare onions, potatoes, garlic, and beans.
- Add vegetable broth, water, minced garlic, kidney beans, onion, potatoes, and Italian seasoning into the pot. Increase heat to high and once it starts to boil, reduce to medium heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove Swiss chard leaves from the stems and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Add cream and Swiss chard and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.