These cake batter Christmas blondies are made festive with red and green funfetti sprinkles and white chocolate. They're the perfect easy recipe for the holidays!
I love using cake mix as a way to save time and effort in baking recipes. When you're busy running around from Christmas parties to Christmas concerts to store after store to finish up your shopping, easy recipes are a lifesaver.
I've definitely taken advantage of cake mix in cookies. In fact, you may like my red velvet cake mix cookies - they're quite festive too!
This is the first time I've used cake mix in a blondie/cookie bar type recipe, though. I really like how they turned out! I enjoyed them even more the next day for breakfast. 😉
These funfetti cake mix bars only have a handful of ingredients (if you count the cake mix as one) - white chocolate chips, melted butter, eggs, and Christmas sprinkles.
They couldn't be easier to make.
These Christmas blondies are slightly under-baked so the centers stays deliciously soft. I bake these for 30 minutes in my oven, and then cool them thoroughly. I used a ceramic baking dish for these.
They keep well (and remain super soft) when they're stored in an airtight container.
I bought my sprinkles from my favorite online sprinkles shop Sweetapolita, but any red/green sprinkles mix will work. I can't resist sprinkles so I have quite the collection.
If I had one slight sorta complaint about this recipe, it's that the edges tend to puff up quite a bit. It's quite normal with many blondie recipes, and unless you're picky about having these completely even, I don't think it's a big deal. I actually prefer the edge pieces myself. 🙂
If you want to double the recipe, I suggest using a 9x13 pan.
Will you make these Christmas cake batter blondies?
Let me know in the comments below!
Christmas Cake Batter Blondies
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Move the oven's rack to the middle position, and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Add the cake mix, eggs, and melted butter to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, mix until combined.
- Stir in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to your 8x8 pan (it will be a thick batter). Spread it out as evenly as you can.
- Bake for 23-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean. Keep in mind that it will set a lot when it cools. I baked mine for 30 minutes; 25 minutes does leave them a bit under-baked for my taste.
- Cool the cake batter blondies in the pan (place it on top of a cooling rack) for at least 20-30 minutes (preferably until they're fully cooled).
- Cut the blondies and store them in an airtight container for up to a few days.
Love funfetti? Try my Christmas white chocolate popcorn recipe.
I've also got a peppermint chocolate brownie cookie recipe - another great shortcut when you're in the middle of the busy holiday season!