This Christmas popcorn recipe is quick and very simple. The perfect sweet holiday treat! You only need 3 ingredients.
This Christmas white chocolate popcorn recipe really couldn't get much easier. This is the ideal recipe when you need something ASAP to bring to a Christmas party, potluck, or your kid needs something to bring to his/her class.
This popcorn even makes a cute edible homemade gift. Package it in little baggies and you're golden.
This Christmas funfetti popcorn only takes about 10-15 minutes of active time, and the rest is waiting for the chocolate to set. You can speed up the process by putting it in the fridge.
You can use any Christmas sprinkles you have on-hand for this white chocolate popcorn recipe. I always like to keep some red and green sprinkles in my pantry, and I simply mixed the two.
I buy most of my sprinkles from Sweetapolita these days. As a food blogger, I spend ridiculous amounts of money on sprinkles for the holidays. 😛
Pro tip: This popcorn is pretty chocolatey. If you want more of a hint of chocolate vs. the popcorn being pretty much fully coated, I suggest halving the amount of chocolate you use.
I used 2 bags of white chocolate chips that totaled about a pound.
Stovetop method: The directions in this recipe are very much geared for microwaves, but you can definitely make it by other means. The bag of microwave popcorn makes about 12 cups, so aim for around that amount if you have a popcorn maker or are are doing it on the stove top. You can melt the chocolate chips on the stove in a makeshift double boiler.
If you're into no-bake sweet Christmas snacks, you may also like my Christmas muddy buddies recipe.
Will you give this festive Christmas funfetti popcorn recipe a try?
Talk to me in the comments below!
Super Easy Christmas Popcorn
This Christmas white chocolate popcorn recipe is quick and very simple. The perfect sweet holiday treat! You only need 3 ingredients.
- 1 bag microwave popcorn (I used a natural flavored one)
- 1 pound white chocolate chips
- Red and green sprinkles to taste
- Pop your popcorn according to package directions. Add it to a large baking sheet that's been lined with wax paper. Discard any unpopped kernels.
- Melt your white chocolate in a medium bowl in 30-second increments in the microwave (stir in between). I err on the side of microwaving less and letting it sit a bit longer between intervals so I don't scorch it.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn and toss it with the chocolate until it's fully coated. You can use your hands or even salad tongs for this step.
- Spread the popcorn out in an even layer and add the sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate set. I like to speed this process up by putting the baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
- Keep in a sealed container or portion the popcorn up (e.g. in small bags). It'll last for a few days without going stale.
- This popcorn is really coated in the white chocolate. If you just want a hit of chocolate, halve the chocolate amount (I used 2 bags of white chocolate chips).
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn = 12 cups so keep that in mind if you're making popcorn another way.
Looking for more easy Christmas treats? Try my Xmas funfetti blondies.