These Parmesan crisps are the perfect low-carb keto snack or topping for salads and soups! They’re super easy to make and addictive.
Oh man, it sure is hard to resist snacking on these. It’s been a while since I’ve made these parmesan cheese crisps (I topped a soup with them last year), and I decided they need their own blog post. Yeah, they’re that good.
I’m not on any kind of low-carb or keto diet myself, so I am pretty mindful of my fat intake. With that said, I tend to reserve these for topping soups/salads rather than eating straight up, but everything in moderation, right? 😉
How to make parmesan crisps
Arrange piles of grated cheese on a baking sheet that’s been covered in parchment paper. Space them at least an inch apart because they do spread.
Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden. You don’t want to let them get too dark or the cheese will taste bitter.
Pro tip: I find that you get the best results when you finely grate the cheese yourself. The pre-grated stuff just isn’t as good.
If you make these low-carb cheese crisps the way my recipe is written, they will generally have a crispy texture (especially on the edges). It sounds obvious, but I did some research and it turns out that lots of these recipes (especially depending on the kind of cheese you use and whether it’s grated or sliced) can yield variances in texture.
Some are more chewy while others are more crispy. I tested these Parmesan chips the next day (yes, I was able to resist and save a few somehow) after keeping them in a sealed container, and they were still nice and crisp.
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve made these Parmesan cheese crisps.
Parmesan Crisps Recipe
These parmesan crisps are the perfect low-carb snack or topping for salads and soups! They're super easy to make and addictive.
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Preheat oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese finely.
- Make tablespoon-size piles of the grated cheese on the parchment paper, spacing them an inch or so apart. I made mine a bit larger than tablespoon-size, but anywhere around there will work.
- Bake the cheese for 5-7 minutes or until it's nicely bubbly and the edges are golden. The first batch will take a bit longer since the baking sheet is going in cold. You don't want them to be too brown or the cheese will taste bitter.
- Let the cheese crisps cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. You can eat them immediately or store them in a sealed container for a few days.