These fried chicken wraps make the best lunch! Tender fried chicken, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, and avocado are tucked into wraps and drizzled with a homemade ranch dressing. Everything is ready in just over half an hour!
These have to be my favorite chicken wraps. Back in the day, my mom used to take me to KFC once in a while, and I would get their Twister wraps. I don't even know if they still exist, but I used to love them.
There's something about ranch dressing with fried chicken! Using the KFC wraps for inspiration, I made these.
They're a bit healthier, and I added avocado as well because why not?
The ranch dressing is really easy to make and tastes fantastic. I think I rambled on enough about how good it is in the original blog post, so I will stop.
Hope you guys all had a fabulous Christmas. I've been patiently waiting since September to finally receive my gift from my husband - a new Tory Burch bag! Here in Canada Tory Burch is not as popular (or easy to find) so I chose a bag last time we were in the States.
I am so excited to finally be able to use it! I have one of her smaller bags and it's lasted for yeeears so far and looks as good as new so hopefully this one lasts too.
Back to the recipe! You can add whatever you want to make these wraps your kind of amazing. I love onions and wouldn't mind adding some next time I make these.
Your stomach, your rules.
Tried these homemade KFC fried chicken wraps? Leave me a comment below 🙂
Fried Chicken Wraps with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Tender fried chicken and homemade ranch dressing with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Ranch dressing to taste
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- Flour for dredging
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
For the wraps:
- 4-6 wraps (I used whole wheat)
- One dozen cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- Prepare ranch dressing. You may want to make it a few hours ahead of time to let flavors blend, but it isn't necessary. Refrigerate until needed.
- Slice tomatoes and avocado and shred/chop iceberg lettuce.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a separate bowl (start with a little bit and then you can add more if needed).
- Pour flour into a separate bowl and add garlic powder as well as a couple pinches of salt and some pepper.
- Trim any fat off chicken and cut it into rough strips (I butterfly the chicken first to make the process easier).
- Dip chicken pieces in the flour then the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Once all the chicken is battered, heat peanut oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot (drop in a little flour and see if it sizzles), add the chicken. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your pan. Cook chicken for 2-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place cooked chicken on plates lined with paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Assemble wraps by adding lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, chicken, and a drizzle of ranch.
You may also like my fried chicken sliders!