This Instant Pot honey sriracha chicken recipe is easy to make, spicy, and delicious! It only has a handful of everyday ingredients and it's perfect served over rice.
This Instant Pot sriracha chicken recipe has some kick. I'm just going to put that out there. If you're not into spice (like meee), this recipe will likely set your mouth on fire. 😉
The sauce is really simple... it only has ketchup, sriracha, honey, and soy sauce - ingredients you're likely to already have on hand. I used a bit of cornstarch to thicken it up at the end to give it that perfect texture for pouring over rice.
As fall approaches, I plan on doing even more of these easy and cozy recipes. I received some requests from readers for more Instant Pot and Crockpot recipes, and I am happy to oblige.
I had an interesting time capturing the photos for this recipe. It was raining for most of the day, and so they are pretty dark. Knowing the way I operate, I may end up re-doing them at some point, but for now my priority is getting this delicious recipe up on the blog for you.
I meant to post this recipe sooner, but I've been in the middle of converting all my recipes to a new recipe card (the thing at the bottom where the recipe lives). Basically, I've had to manually go in and fix/update over 500 recipes that didn't transfer over properly. I literally just finished doing it 5 minutes ago (it's 9:00 the night before this recipe is going live), and I am ecstatic if bleary-eyed.
I think I probably spent a solid week doing it if you add up all the piecemeal work I've done over the past month or two. I spent over 8 hours alone today finishing it all up since I was so close to being done. Ah, technology. You just never know what you'll have to fix next. If I EVER have to do something like that again, I am so paying someone to do it for me!
Back to the food.
What to serve with honey sriracha chicken
It's great served over rice and with chopped scallions or chives sprinkled on top.
Hope you love this easy Instant Pot chicken recipe!
Let me know in the comments if you've made this Instant Pot sriracha chicken recipe or if you have any questions.
Instant Pot Honey Sriracha Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce use low sodium if you wish
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water to thicken sauce
- Cooked rice
- Scallions chopped, to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in your Instant Pot.
- In a bowl, whisk the ketchup, sriracha, honey, soy sauce, and water until smooth. Pour over the chicken.
- Close the lid and set the valve on "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, carefully do a quick pressure release. This ensures the chicken won't overcook.
- Take the chicken out and place it on a cutting board.
- Press the "sauté" button on your Instant Pot. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water. Add it to your Instant Pot and let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened up a bit.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Add it back into the Instant Pot when the sauce has thickened enough.
- Serve over rice and with chopped scallions if you wish.
- Inactive time indicates the time it takes for the Instant Pot to get up to pressure.
- Serves 4-6 people depending on how much people eat.
- I use this 6-quart Instant Pot.