This leftover turkey chili recipe is a healthy and hearty way to use up leftover turkey (or chicken) meat! Put those Thanksgiving leftovers to good use with this delicious and easy recipe.
I like this recipe because it's quick, and you basically just add the ingredients to the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes. No thinking needed after the big Thanksgiving feast that probably sapped all your energy. 😉
This chili has plenty of veggies and beans, so as well as keeping tummies full, it's good and nourishing. It's great to take to work to warm you up at the office once the post-Thanksgiving blues have set in.
I have a number of turkey chili recipes on here (using ground turkey meat), including my Turkey Pumpkin Chili, this Instant Pot Turkey Chili, my Turkey White Bean Chili, and this Turkey Sweet Potato Chili. I figured it was time to make one that uses up turkey leftovers! You could instead use leftover cooked chicken or even a rotisserie chicken.
Turkey chili topping ideas
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Tortilla strips or crushed up chips
- Chopped cilantro
- Tex-Mex cheese blend
What to serve with this turkey chili?
Try cornbread, the suggested toppings, rice, or just enjoy it by itself.
I figure it's important to have a selection of recipes on here that help my American readers get some variety in their diets besides turkey sandwiches for the next 3 weeks haha. So...
More leftover turkey recipes you may like:
- Easy Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
- Easy Creamy Leftover Turkey Pasta Recipe
- Thai Turkey Soup
- Quick and Easy Turkey Noodle Soup
- Leftover Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Questions? Ask me in the comments below. 🙂
Made one of my recipes? Don't forget to tag me #saltandlavender on Instagram.
Leftover Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (4 fluid ounce) can diced green chilies with juices
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can black beans drained
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can red or white kidney beans drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups (or more) cooked turkey meat shredded/cut up
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional): sour cream, cilantro, Tex-Mex cheese blend, etc.
- Add the olive oil and onion to a soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the onion is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot except for salt & pepper. Increase the heat to high, and once it's boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper as needed, dish it up, and top with your desired toppings.
- Want some kick? Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- If you want more liquid, feel free to add more chicken broth (especially when reheating).
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Salt & Lavender makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.