These maple pecan Brussels sprouts are the perfect savory-sweet side dish. Easy to make and ready in less than 20 minutes!
I’m one of those people who loves Brussels sprouts. Just plain with a bit of salt, and I’m good! I don’t need mine dressed up, but I’ll make an exception for these.
I’ve been holding onto this recipe for a while now. Something about posting a recipe like this at the beginning of August seemed a little odd. Even now it still seems a bit early, but that’s ok. The Brussels sprouts in the store looked so good that I couldn’t pass them up!
File this recipe away for later. This would make a wonderful easy Thanksgiving side dish or even a good easy Christmas side dish. As a food blogger I start thinking about these types of recipes earlier than your average sane person, so forgive me. 😛
I don’t have a whole lot of side dishes on S&L, and that will soon change. I plan on sharing a whole schwack of fall/winter side dishes in the coming few months, so stay tuned.
This Brussels sprouts side dish really hits the spot. It’s not complicated, and it doesn’t have a huge number of ingredients – perfect for a side dish. I don’t like sides to be too time-consuming or difficult because multi-tasking is hard, and I always worry about burning the main dish if I have too many things on the go.
Lightly browning the Brussels sprouts gives this dish a lot of flavor. And that maple syrup nicely glazes everything. So good.
I hope you give these sautéed Brussels sprouts a try!
Looking for more sides? You may also like these three vegetarian side dishes.
Love Brussels sprouts? Try my shaved Brussels sprouts and pomegranate salad.
Maple Pecan Brussels Sprouts
A savory-sweet easy vegetarian side dish.
- 2 dozen Brussels sprouts, trimmed & cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Add oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, add the Brussels sprouts. Sauté for about 8-10 minutes, stirring fairly often, or until the Brussels sprouts are nicely browned and tender-crisp.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the butter and pecans. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the maple syrup and cook for about a minute. Season with salt & pepper. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Courses Side Dish