This pumpkin chia pudding recipe is a healthy way to get your pumpkin pie fix! Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. An easy overnight recipe.
How to make chia pudding
Add the chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin purée, and vanilla to a bowl. Whisk together. Either transfer the mixture to a mason jar or cover the bowl and let it set in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
The hardest part is waiting for this vegan pumpkin pudding to set!
Chia seeds are interesting little things. They absorb a lot of liquid – 9-12 times their volume, in fact. Why eat chia seeds? They’re reportedly rich in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber, iron, and calcium.
This pumpkin breakfast chia pudding recipe is the ideal grab-and-go breakfast. Just store it in containers that are easily portable e.g. small mason jars, and take them to work/school/etc.
Ch-ch-ch-ch-chia! I can’t be the only one that gets the Chia Pet jingle stuck in my head when I think about chia seeds right?!
Anyway. This healthy pumpkin pudding recipe isn’t too sweet. I suggest giving it a quick taste and adding more maple syrup (or honey) to sweeten it up a bit if you prefer.
Hope you enjoy this pumpkin pie chia breakfast pudding recipe!
Pumpkin Chia Pudding
This pumpkin chia pudding is a healthy way to get your pumpkin pie fix! Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. An easy overnight recipe.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (I used white ones)
- 1 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
- Either cover the bowl or transfer into sealed containers (such as one larger or 2 smaller mason jars) and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours. I prefer to refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, give the pudding a quick stir.
- The pumpkin spice is fairly subtle in here... I didn't want it to be overpowering. With that said, feel free to double it if you would like the taste to be stronger. I also didn't make it too sweet. Add more sweetener if you wish.