This refreshing persimmon cocktail is a great alternative to mimosas. It's fresh, not too sweet, and you get your dose of champagne!
I bought two persimmons on a whim the other day and I had no idea what to do with them. I decided to make a cocktail and enlisted my husband's advice on what would work, as he used to be a bartender many moons ago.
We came up with a cocktail made up of persimmon puree, lime juice, creme de cassis (a liqueur made of blackcurrants), and topped up with champagne.
This would be a great cocktail for a holiday party or for brunch!
I like how this cocktail isn't too strong. I was able to finish the *ahem* photoshoot samples without falling over like I normally would if I had more than one drink, you see.
Will you take advantage of this winter fruit and make these delicious persimmon cocktails?
Let me know in the comments below!
Refreshing Persimmon Cocktail
A refreshing cocktail made of persimmons, creme de cassis, lime juice, and champagne.
- 2 persimmons
- 1 shot creme de cassis
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Champagne (or dry sparkling wine) to top up glasses
- Peel the persimmons (I cut them into smaller pieces, discarding the core, then use a knife to peel them).
- Add persimmon pieces, lime juice, and creme de cassis to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture from blender into two martini glasses. Top up glasses with champagne and stir.
- I understand not wanting to buy a whole bottle of champagne to make this. We buy the small bottles of champagne (or sparkling wine/prosecco). A 200ml/6.8 oz. bottle makes two of these cocktails.