This vegan roasted corn and cauliflower soup is a simple, hearty, and wholesome soup!
It's definitely still summer (thank goodness!), but after returning from England I started craving soup. It was fairly cold and rainy there, and then it was raining when I got back home.
Typical for me to bring bad weather back with me. 😛 I wanted to warm up, so that's how this cauliflower and corn soup happened. I've hung onto this recipe for a bit now and posted plenty of summer recipes since, but I figured it was about time I finally posted this one. Perfect for a Monday, really!
Corn is in season right now, so I figured it was a good thing to add to my soup. I love the sweetness of corn, and cauliflower is a really good healthy base for soups, so I went with that.
I've made plenty of cauliflower soups in the past, such as my butternut squash and cauliflower soup, my pumpkin and cauliflower soup, and my cauliflower and leek soup... so if you're looking for a recipe for cauliflower soup, you've come to the right blog haha.
The key to the tastiness of this soup is roasting the veggies. I looove roasted cauliflower. It really brings out its flavor! Corn is one of my favorite things, and roasting it also makes it even better. I cut the corn off the cob (it's easiest to do it over a large bowl so that the kernels don't fly everywhere), cut the cauliflower into small florets, then put them on a baking sheet.
You then toss the veggies with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar (it adds so much flavor and mellows out when your roast it!), various seasonings, and salt & pepper. Easy peasy.
Once the corn and cauliflower is finished roasting, throw it in the blender with some coconut milk and veggie broth, then you're minutes away from silky soup perfection. I blended it in two batches then added it to a pan and warmed it through. Done and done!
Hope you enjoy this healthy cauliflower soup recipe!
Questions? Let me know!
Corn and Cauliflower Soup
- 4-5 cobs of corn husked, kernels removed from cob
- 1 cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (I used full fat) room temperature
- 2 cups vegetable broth + extra if needed
- Preheat oven to 400F. Move the rack to the top third of the oven.
- Place your corn kernels and cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet. Toss them with the oil, vinegar, seasonings, and salt & pepper. I'm fairly generous with the salt & pepper, but you can always add more later on if needed.
- Roast the corn and cauliflower for 30 minutes.
- Shake the coconut milk prior to opening the can. I like to add the coconut milk to a measuring cup so it's easily pourable for the next step.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, add half of them to your blender along with half the coconut milk and half the broth. Blend until smooth, then transfer it to a pot. Repeat with the second batch.
- Heat the soup through and add more broth or water if needed to thin it out further. Adjust seasonings as needed.