This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Juicy and flavorful rosemary chicken skewers are perfectly complemented with charred lemon and a delicious garlicky yogurt. Serve with orzo and naan, and you’ve got a fab feast on your hands.
If you like chicken souvlaki, you’re sure to like this.
The rosemary flavors the marinade but does double duty when you grill it. The crispy grilled rosemary is soo good.
It’s less potent than the fresh stuff and adds a wonderful texture and flavor to the dish. I sprinkled it on top of everything here.
The yogurt is garlicky nirvana. I put grated zucchini in the yogurt as a less watery alternative to cucumber. I think I like it even better, actually.
Soft, fresh naan bread and orzo pasta are perfect for mopping up that charred lemon juice and yogurt. Your tummy will be very happy.
This would be a nice, easy dish for summer entertaining.
Questions? Let me know!
Rosemary Chicken Skewers
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small zucchini
- 4 large leaves basil torn
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon halved
- Naan bread to taste
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (or to taste)
- Slice the chicken into strips that are about an inch wide. Add them along with the marinade ingredients to a large ZipLoc bag. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to two hours.
- Make the yogurt by grating the zucchini (peel it first) and then combining all the yogurt ingredients. Refrigerate until needed.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 10 minutes to prevent burning/splintering. Thread chicken on the skewers. Remove rosemary sprigs from marinade (you'll be grilling them).
- If making the orzo, boil a pot of salted water and cook according to package directions. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and stir in a little bit of olive oil (like 1/2 teaspoon) to stop it from sticking together.
- Pre-heat grill to high. Turn down to medium-high once it's pre-heated. Add the chicken skewers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until they're cooked through. Cook the lemon for about seven minutes. The rosemary was placed on top of the meat with the BBQ lid down. If you're using an uncovered grill, you may need to place it directly on the grill for a few minutes, until it's crispy.
- Serve the chicken with the yogurt, orzo, crispy rosemary sprigs, charred lemon, and fresh naan.
- If you're only serving the orzo (no naan), I would make more than I suggest.
- I used a gas BBQ to make this recipe. All cooking times may vary depending on your BBQ and/or grill or grill pan. Please use my instructions as a guideline only.
© Salt & Lavender Inc. Content and photographs are copyrighted. Sharing this blog post is much appreciated, but copying and pasting full recipes without authorization to social media is strictly prohibited.
Like this healthy grilled chicken recipe? You may also like my rosemary Dijon chicken recipe.