This shaved asparagus salad comes to life with a delicious lemon-Dijon dressing, shallot, fresh parsley, and parmesan cheese. It makes an awesome side salad and will take any meal to the next level!
Raw asparagus is most delicious when it’s shaved. The thin ribbons ensure you’re not getting a mouthful of tough, fibrous raw asparagus. Shaving asparagus is really simple. All you need to do is use a vegetable peeler (I used my potato peeler)!
Shave each piece of asparagus individually (don’t worry, you get into a rhythm) by laying it flat on your cutting board, using one hand to hold one end and using the other hand to shave it. You get the hang of it quickly.
The tender asparagus ribbons go perfectly with chopped shallot and generous lashings of shaved parmesan cheese. I figured why stop at the asparagus? I used the same peeler to get those delicious thin parmesan ribbons.
Toss it all together and you’ve got the perfect healthy side dish for the nice weather that’s finally starting to happen. I am soon going to be the proud owner of a new BBQ. I haven’t had one for years, and I can’t wait to enjoy delicious recipes from the ole outdoor grill again! I’m dreaming of eating this salad with a big, juicy ribeye.
I hope you will give this easy shaved asparagus salad recipe a try! 🙂
Shaved Asparagus Salad
A fresh and delicious shaved asparagus salad.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1.5 tablespoons shallot (approx. 1 small shallot) chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Use your vegetable/potato peeler to shave the asparagus. Shave each piece of asparagus individually by laying it flat on your cutting board, using one hand to hold one end and using the other hand to shave it. Place asparagus in a salad bowl.
- Chop shallot and parsley. Sprinkle over the shaved asparagus.
- Shave the parmesan using the same vegetable peeler, and add it to the salad.
- Make the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisking them until smooth and emulsified, or by adding them to a jar and shaking.
- Toss salad with dressing, add salt & pepper, and serve immediately.
- Makes four side salads.