This sheet pan baked chicken and potatoes recipe is super easy and makes a delicious and comforting dinner that the whole family will love!
This chicken potato bake is pretty fast and fuss-free. Sometimes roasted chicken and potatoes is just what's needed. It's simple, and it brings me back to my childhood. The perfect comfort food.
The whole thing takes less than an hour, and only about 10 minutes of it is prep time.
Try my crispy baked chicken thighs recipe!
This roasted chicken and potatoes recipe all cooks on one baking sheet (or use a large roasting dish), so clean-up is minimal. I suggest lining the sheet pan with some tin foil to make the clean-up even easier.
I tossed the chicken and potatoes with an assortment of pantry-staple herbs and spices and also added some fresh herbs to give it that extra little burst of flavor.
The chicken skin nicely crisps up, and the potatoes end up beautifully crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
How long does it take to bake chicken thighs?
30-40 minutes at 400F is a good starting point. I used bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for this recipe, which makes them take a little longer. But the taste is so worth it!
Hope you enjoy this easy chicken and potatoes recipe!
Do simple roast chicken recipes like this bring you back to your childhood as well? Nom nom nom.
Let me know in the comments below if you've made this or if you have any questions.
Sheet Pan Baked Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound yellow potatoes cut into quarters lengthwise (peel if desired)
- 6-8 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 package poultry fresh herb mix (rosemary, sage, thyme)
- Preheat oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet or line it with foil. Cut up your potatoes and add them to the baking sheet along with the chicken.
- Use your hands to coat the chicken and potatoes with the oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and some salt & pepper (I'm pretty generous) onto the chicken and potatoes. Use your hands again to toss everything together so it's evenly coated. Surround the chicken and potatoes with the poultry herb mix (I put some of it on top of the chicken + potatoes and leave other intact sprigs scattered).
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through but not overcooked. Cooking time will vary depending on how big the chicken pieces are (internal temperature should reach 165F).
- Broil for a few minutes to crisp up the chicken skin and potatoes if desired.
- Serves 4-6.