This quick and easy sheet pan salmon and asparagus makes a delicious dinner! The sweet hoisin sauce glaze will have everyone asking for seconds!
This impressive-looking salmon can be yours in under half an hour. The glaze really couldn't be much easier, and everything cooks right on the one sheet pan (I did use a fairly large one - feel free to use 2 smaller ones if needed).
How long do you bake salmon?
The salmon and asparagus cook at a similar rate, so it's all ready at the same time. I find that for fairly thin asparagus and an average salmon fillet (thicker than an inch in the thickest part), 15-20 minutes does it. My piece of salmon weighed in at 1.7 pounds.
Keep in mind that the fish will continue cooking a little bit after you take it out of the oven.
You could do this with smaller salmon pieces if you wish (e.g. if you have fewer people to serve), but I do like making the big piece. It's just as easy, and you could always have the leftovers for lunch the next day.
I've always loved sweet Asian-inspired glazes on salmon, and this one definitely hits the spot.
I hope you give this easy roasted salmon recipe a try!
Let me know in the comments below if you've tried it or if you have any questions.
Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
- 1 large salmon fillet (mine was 1.7 pounds)
- 1 bunch asparagus (thinner asparagus works best) ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sesame seeds to taste (optional)
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F and move the rack to the middle position.
- Grease a large baking sheet or line one with foil for easy clean-up.
- Place the asparagus spears on the sheet pan and toss them with the olive oil and a bit of salt. Move them aside and place the salmon fillet in the middle.
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, and some pepper. Brush the glaze on the salmon and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top if using.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes (mine was done after 17 minutes). Salmon should easily flake with a fork. I like to squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top before serving to balance the sweetness. Enjoy!
- You could also do this with smaller pieces of salmon if needed.
- Great served with rice or a side salad.
Love sheet pan meals? You may also like my maple salmon sheet pan salmon recipe.
Carrie Tuck says
My friend and I made this tonight and we are in love! There was silence at the table except the oohs and ahs! We served it with brown basmati rice and a cucumber and onion salad they were the perfect compliment.
That is so great to hear!! Thanks for letting me know. So happy everyone enjoyed it. 🙂
I really dont like asparagus would try it though
thank you for sharing
Feel free to leave the asparagus out. 😊